While your focus will be on the mobile-first end-user experience, you’ll have also have the opportunity to contribute to the authoring, messaging, and analytics tools that our customers user to create and manage those end-user experiences.
This is a rare opportunity to have an outsized impact as a design leader. You’ll be a key part of a small design team working on high-visibility initiatives in a successful, well-funded, growing startup. You’ll work in a multidisciplinary environment where you’ll be challenged to learn a lot, embrace complexity, think holistically, share and contribute on many levels, and play an important role in building something amazing.
What will you get out of your career at Modo Labs?
- Learn about leading edge Mobile technology, in depth
- Be part of a collaborative and creative team who have strong backgrounds in company growth, strategy and are passionate about what they do
- Make an impact on the future of mobile
- Vacation time
- Full Medical Benefits
- Synthesize requirements from existing functionality, customer input, brainstormed ideas, and direction from senior management
- Develop user flows, wireframes, specifications/documentation, and prototypes
- Conduct user testing and accessibility testing
- Work closely with our engineering team through implementation, testing, documentation, and release
- Help promote best practices in design, usability, and accessibility within the design and engineering teams and across the company
- 6+ years of experience as a professional designer
- Experience leading UX and UI design for highly functional mobile apps and web applications
- A portfolio demonstrating intelligent pattern- and system-based approaches to complex design challenges
- Strong understanding of usability and accessibility principles
You may be right for this role if:
- You’re undaunted by steep learning curves and unfazed by complexity.
- You can work efficiently on your own but love to collaborate. You’re a team player whom people trust.
- You’re a great verbal, written, and visual communicator.
- You want to be part of a diverse, collegial, multidisciplinary team.
Trusted by hundreds of Universities and Companies in over 30 countries, Modo Labs develops and markets an enterprise-scale mobile engagement and communication platform. Regardless of technical skill set, Modo users can quickly create a powerful and sophisticated mobile app experience that connects audiences with essential information when they need it, where they need it.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Cambridge, MA
Required education: Bachelor’s+
Required experience: UX design: 6+ years