Together at Talkdesk, we’re building a future of brilliant customer interactions. We have the cleverness, curiosity, and grit to make us a team of customer heroes: thinkers, achievers, and dreamers who believe that our world-class SaaS platform can influence a new kind of customer interaction.
Talkdesk started from a hackathon win and within five years has become one of the fastest growing companies in the world, a Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startup, and has enabled 100,000,000+ customer interactions using our platform. With backing from DFJ, Salesforce Ventures, and Storm Ventures, and supported by the successes of our 1,400+ customers from Peloton, IBM, Wounded Warriors Project, and MongoDB, Talkdesk is disrupting a $22 billion stagnant market.
We are looking to hire a qualified and experienced Senior Revenue Accountant to our Accounting team. This a crucial role that will assist in overseeing revenue accounting in a fast paced and hyper growth environment. The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong understanding of GAAP and revenue recognition principles, excellent technical and communication skills, and the ability to partner effectively across business functions.
- Participate in month-end accounting close process, including taking ownership of deferred revenue and revenue reconciliations, update roll-forward by revenue type, preparation of journal entries, and analyzing revenue related fluctuation analysis of the company’s balance sheet and income statement
- Contribute to new revenue standards (ASC 606) analysis and implementation
- Perform contract reviews, interpret contract arrangements and prepare memo, and ensure that revenue and deferred revenue are accurately recorded
- Own revenue related costs analysis and accounting
- Research accounting guidance and assist with writing technical memos to support revenue recognition conclusion
- Assist BESP analysis under ASC 605 and Standalone Selling Price (SSP) analysis under ASC 606
- Support royalties and commissions process and calculation
- Participate in ad-hoc revenue, order-to-cash, and accounting projects and needs
- Liaise with external auditor to support audits related to revenue accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar degree required
- At least 4 years of US GAAP accounting and revenue recognition experience
- Combined work experience in Big 4 Accounting firm and industry
- CPA license a strong plus
- Familiar with revenue accounting for software or SaaS multiple-element arrangements with professional service or support (ASC 985-605, ASC 605-25, ASC 606)
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Excellent time and self-management skills, ability to prioritize, and multitask to meet deadlines
- Excel in working across various cross-functional teams
- Advanced Excel skills (if statement, vLookup, pivot tables, etc.)
- Experience with Netsuite and SFDC a plus
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.