The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct management of Modo’s accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic yearly financial planning activities, and performance to plan. Other key roles include leadership of Modo’s human resource department, legal, property management, deal analysis and negotiations, company KPIs and KPI progress, investor relationships and reports, quarterly board presentations and reports, and private and institutional financing.
- Provides leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Ensure credibility of Finance/Accounting by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives so as to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Company
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Head Human Resources
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BS in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA highly desirable
- 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in high tech/SaaS Industry, including ‘Big Four’ Public Accountant experience and/or extensive applicable experience in private industry.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Outstanding communication skills and a personal style that will facilitate open dialogue and engagement with both external and internal constituencies is a requirement.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Strong organizational skills and experience related to cross-functional processes
- Attention to detail and ability to present data in a comprehensive and articulate manner
Other Skills & Abilities:
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment, although Mac is acceptable) and strong working knowledge of IntAcct and Excel is preferred.