Why You’ll Love SalesLoft:
Put Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
These are the values that define who we are, and which have empowered our staggering growth since our founding in 2011. It's exciting to be North America's 7th fastest growing company!
At SalesLoft, our mission is to activate the authentic seller in all of us. More than 300 “Lofters” are deeply committed to building the Modern Sales Engagement Platform that allows our 2000+ clients (i.e. Square, Cisco, Alteryx, Dell, MuleSoft, etc.) to reach their customers faster and more effectively.
We’re on a mission to redefine an industry! This is challenging work – but our team of brilliant creatives makes the journey thrilling! We’re fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative. We pursue excellence in everything and have a lot of fun along the way.
As a testament to the culture we've collectively built, our world-class team has been voted by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution as the Top Midsize Workplace in 2018.
What You'll Do:
First, and most importantly, we look for team players who exemplify our cultural core values: positive, supportive, self-starting, open, exceptional, and empathetic. We all love getting up in the morning and coming to work. We want you to as well.
We are looking for a talented Product Copywriter who wants to learn more, do more, and become more as we create seamless, thoughtful customer experiences. Clear instructions, choosing the appropriate tone, and mindful labeling of functions and features are all a part of this role. And they’re crucial to delighting users and driving adoption among our customers.
You will create and advise on verbiage for platform enhancements and features, while advocating for the end-user in all things relating to our platform. You’ll also be the lead in maintaining Product Documentation and the SalesLoft Glossary. Do you get excited about solving customer needs? Do you have a passion for usability, an eye for voice and tone consistency, and a knack for reducing the complex to the bare essentials? Great. Come work at SalesLoft!
- Be the force that drives documentation, instructions, and labeling to be clear, succinct, and easy to follow for the layperson using the platform.
- Collaborate closely with Product Designers and Product Managers, supporting 10 product teams, while effectively balancing the timing of internal and external communication of product releases.
- Keep a finger on the pulse of customers and internal, customer-facing departments to understand their needs and pain points.
- Act as the user-advocate during the development process, incorporating usability testing or expert review, and offering suggestions from a user-centered perspective.
- Review all product briefs Product Managers generate prior to distribution to the rest of the company.
- Stay continually in sync with Technical Writer(s) and Product Marketer(s) on current and upcoming releases.
- Take initiative in providing input and feedback on improving copy in departmental discussions, adding requests to product managers’ backlogs.
- Maintain and constantly update Product Documentation as new features and enhancements are released.
- Lead in the upkeep of the SalesLoft Glossary, ensuring the vernacular is up-to-date, agreed upon, and understood among the Technical Writer(s) and Product Marketer(s).
- Bachelor’s degree in print journalism or communication, or equivalent professional experience in technical writing or copywriting
- Experience in planning and executing your work against deadlines.
- Excels at written and verbal communication.
- Skilled at working on a team and building internal relationships.
- Also thrives in working independently and is self-starting.
- Good at coordinating multiple moving parts and comfortable with re-prioritizing.
- Strives to become a subject matter expert (SME) in a short amount of time.
- Resourceful at gathering information for understanding all aspects of an upcoming release and for executing quality work.
- Previous startup experience is a huge plus.
By 30 days in:
- Learn and understand our development process for feature releases, inter-team communication, and processes.
- Identify quick-win copy enhancements in the current user experience of the platform that improve the day-to-day lives of users.
- Set up communication channels and protocols with Product Marketer(s) and Technical Writer(s).
By 60 days in:
- Become an expert on the platform and its problems by interviewing and observing customers as well as internal, customer-facing team members.
- Offer solutions on integrating helpful and clear verbiage into the designs.
- Active involvement in strategic (the “why”) – not just tactical (the “how”) – realities of the wording decisions you make.
- Support the product development team on achievement of goals, working closely with Product Managers and Product Designers to prepare designs for development that align with the product vision.
By 90 days in:
- Make decisions regarding the overall consistency of voice and tone in the platform, and contribute to ongoing UI/UX improvements that help the organization build beautiful, usable experiences at a fast pace.
- Champion customer feedback and translate into major themes that reflect our customer’s perception of the SalesLoft brand.
- Be the proponent of consistent voice, tone, and grammar for customer-facing verbiage as well as for internal communication of product updates.
Here's why we think you should come work with us:
- You will become part of an amazing culture with a supportive CEO and smart teammates who actually care.
- You will work with an amazing product team you can learn from and teach.
- You will experience joining at a high-growth/high-traction inflection point.
- We have challenging projects using modern technology.
- You will grow more than you would anywhere else. That is a promise.