Sendoso, located in San Francisco, California, is looking for a Controller to help with the creation and implementation of best in class finance and accounting practices for the business. The ideal candidate is comfortable getting into the accounting detail while simultaneously improving the day to day financial operation. The Controller will play a vital role in the success of a fast growing company and must posses a great attitude a passion for Sendoso.
- Provide ongoing coaching and development to the staff; create an inspiring vision for the accounting team as the company enters its next chapter of growth
- Oversee all aspects of accounting and tax functions of the company
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Ensure accounting records and monthly accounting close activities are properly prepared, maintained and explained in a timely manner
- Responsible for cash management and forecasting; manage working capital to ensure the Company meets all payment obligations in accordance with its commitment
- Responsible for journal entries, complex balance sheet reconciliations and variance analysis in accordance with US GAAP
- Engage appropriate audit and compliance partners to complement internal control framework
- Develop, prepare and present timely financial reporting, analysis and recommendations
- Establish and maintain system of internal controls
- Own and manage payroll processes, benefits administration, and other HR compliance
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field. CPA required.
- Experience at a Big Four preferred
- Proven ability to manage a complex and growing accounting operations; SaaS preferred
- 8+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Mastery of Nexus and implications of having employees and customers in multiple locations
- Deep understanding of the transactional flow through various systems to monitor and ensure accurate financial results.
- Deep understanding of implementing and using cloud-based ERP system
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial / face-paced / high growth environment
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong organizational and planning skills in fast-paced environment