We are embarking on a journey to mature our UI for ease of use and visual consistency and polish. We are typical of a startup that has achieved an initial product market fit. And is now turning to the user experience in our product to make it easier to use for a broader range of personas.
You will be the first full-time designer on the team. It is a vital role. You are a strong designer happy to work on experience and visual design. And you have a strong product sense.
In a typical week:
- Work with the product team on product ideation
- Iterate on user flows and wireframes with the product team and UI engineers
- Iterate on hi-fi mockups
- Work with UI engineers to take those mockups to the product
In a typical month:
- Test prototypes with the Solutions Engineering Team and with customers
In a typical quarter:
- Product roadmap
- Refine our style guide
- Refine our design system with UI engineers
- Architect an intuitive user interface for a large scale enterprise security data analytics service.
- Deliverables include wireframes, workflow diagrams, mockups and design specifications required for proper implementation.
- Work collaboratively with the product and engineering teams to map user flows, paper prototype interactions and oversee the building process to create polished and refined products.
- Rapidly develop and iterate on wireframes and mockups
- Exceptional user interface and experience design skills.
- Ability to produce quick, low-fidelity sketches and sleek, high fidelity visuals on tight schedules
- Experienced at designing intuitive and visually appealing user interfaces for software products
- Ability to create click through prototypes to test and validate working hypothesis with users
- Expertise in developing information architecture, interaction models, end-user flows, schematics, and visual design for enterprise web applications.
- Eye for subtle detail and pixel perfection.
- Ability to synthesize real user feedback into designs
- Capable of defining and implementing design guidelines and design specs; demonstrate experience with industry/platform standards.
Preferred Tech and Professional Experience:
- 3+ years of experience as a visual or user experience designer in digital projects
- Knowledge of designs tools including Adobe Creative Suite and/or Sketch
- Visual portfolio that displays a solid understanding of design principles and interface design