WHO WE ARE
Avanoo supports employees at many of the biggest organizations in the world in aligning what they do with their highest ambitions for who they are. We help organizations create meaningful, people-centered change using storytelling, microlearning, and cutting-edge technology.
Our unique formula supports people in shifting their behaviors and mindsets to drive better lives, better teams, and better performance. And we’ve seen a lot of success. We’ve done two rounds of institutional venture financing, and we’ve seen 30x growth in the past 3 years.
Learn more about us and our mission at Avanoo.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for an experienced project manager and an innovative systems thinker to drive the management, coordination and simplification of our content production process.
You will lead the charge in ensuring we produce content faster, better, at lower cost, and with greater consistency by introducing the systems and processes we need to delight our clients and free up our writers to do what they do best -- write.
You will manage our team to ensure we hit our deadlines every time, work internally as a hub of cross-functional communication among our Content, Customer Success, and Technology teams, and externally as a client-friendly face for the content production process.
- A systems thinker.
- You are obsessed with order
- You are excited by the impossible
- You are convinced any problem can be solved if properly decomposed into discrete, well-defined steps
- A master project manager.
- You take pride in your work, and seek to constantly improve yourself and your craft
- You are an expert in a variety of project management techniques
- You are meticulous in reviewing anything a client may see
- You are a time management and prioritization wizard
- A skilled communicator.
- You can explain the complex simply
- You are expert at gaining organizational buy-in and motivating a team
- You are driven and empathetic
- An all-star.
- You are comfortable being accountable for high quality, tight deadlines, and driving results
- You are focused on making the team better by sharing your expertise and learning from others
- If someone drops a ball, you are already there to catch it
- You know there’s no such thing as a blocker -- just a speed bump
Make things simple, clear, and efficient.
- You will master our existing content production process
- You will make our content production process as easy and lightweight as possible for our staff and clients
- You will track our content production speed and changes over time
- You will ensure we produce better content more efficiently every month, developing innovative new systems to support the process as needed
Represent the Content team internally and externally.
- You will own the logistics and coordination pieces of our work with clients
- You will represent the content team in client meetings when possible, and coordinate bringing in other content team members when needed
- You will be the go-to person for questions about the status of our client work and any risks to on-time delivery
- You will liaise with our Technology team to stay up-to-date on new enhancement to our platform and to advocate for platform enhancements on behalf of the content team
Ensure our client work is always completed on time and error-free.
- You will review, revise, and provide hands-on support with our QA and translations processes
- You will ensure we’re working within a system that can scale with our client base
- You will keep a pulse on task statuses across projects
- You will ensure we’re on track to exceed client expectations
Keep things organized.
- You will ensure all of our processes are well documented and organized
- You will ensure as we add new content it is appropriately tracked in our existing systems
- You will ensure follow-up on any reported issues with our content
- At least 5 years experience working as a project manager or in similar roles
- Demonstrated success consistently delivering on time, on budget, and within scope (despite the occasional curveball)
- Demonstrated success initiating and driving the adoption of new systems and/or processes that dramatically reduced your team’s production time, cost, and/or capacity
- Demonstrated success operationalizing an ambitious, seemingly impossible vision and supporting it in becoming a reality
- Demonstrated success managing a portfolio of complex projects in a fast-paced work environment using modern technology tools
- Experience in client-facing roles, especially working with senior executives
- Experience working with organizations at various stages of growth
- Comfort working with geographically dispersed teams
- Bonus points:
- Love of storytelling (we are, after all, the content team)
- Experience working with content production processes
- Experience developing and/or running QA processes
- Experience developing and/or running translations processes
- Experience training teams to function more efficiently
- Experience as a Scrum Master or running the sprint process
- Data visualization experience
- Budget management experience
- Product design / product management experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certifications
- Salary and stock options commensurate with experience
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid time off
- Autonomy, mastery, purpose
- The opportunity to build something extraordinary
- Copious amounts of laughing and fun with a very close-knit team passionate about helping others (including you!) unlock their potential
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.