Honeycomb is built to help engineering teams deeply explore and understand their own production systems — in real time. It’s a service for the near and present future, where distributed systems are the new default, every service is a platform, and empowered generalist software engineers are the new ops. We are passionate about consumer-quality developer tools and excited to build a product that raises our industry’s expectations of what our tools can do for us.
As our Visual Designer, you’ll help us eloquently tell the story of Honeycomb, working on the look and feel of both the Honeycomb product and brand. You will represent the user and design point of view, facilitate design discussions among the team, and collaborate closely with product management, marketing, engineers, and other design disciplines to build and ship beautiful, polished digital experiences.
- Drive the look and feel of the Honeycomb product and brand, and communicate your vision to the team.
- Help build the product. Partner closely with the engineering team, product management, and other design disciplines to build and ship your work, from research, ideation, wireframing, and prototyping to final visual design.
- Be the champion for the user. Immerse yourself in the customer experience and help tell the varied and diverse stories of Honeycomb customers, internally and externally.
- Tell our story. Work collaboratively with the Marketing team to help define and grow the Honeycomb brand and co-create assets that includes company website, landing pages in addition to social and ad promotional assets staying consistent with brand guidelines.
- Define the pattern. Drive the requirements for the Honeycomb design system, and collaborate with engineers on its implementation.
- 3+ years of professional experience in visual design, with the desire to continually improve at every stage of design and development
- Portfolio showcasing visual design, identity/branding work, ideation, and design process
- Strong skills with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and/or other design tools of your choosing
- Experience building visual identity and design systems
- Experience creating illustrations
- Experience designing and developing brand identities and crafting brand narratives across different mediums and touch points
- Be comfortable working in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Be able to communicate about design to a diverse audience
- Must work on location in San Francisco, CA or Seattle, WA, or remote from the U.S. on Pacific Time.
- Must have existing authorization to work in the United States
Loved but not required
- Experience with developer tools — building them, using them, or both
- Experience using prototyping (InVision, Sketch, HTML/CSS/JS, etc.) to validate and convey ideas
- Experience with web application code and the ability to dive into HTML/CSS/JS if necessary
- Experience conducting user research
Let’s do this
We’re building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We hire adults. We value transparency, autonomy, experimentation, and kind, direct feedback. We welcome nontraditional candidates, and people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We’re an equal opportunity employer and our hiring process is designed to put you at ease and help you show your best work; if we are doing a poor job of this at any time, please let us know. Come build great things with us.