Pinpoint is looking for a Platform Engineer who embraces the DevOps philosophy and is eager to learn new technologies, willing to choose the best tool for any given job, and adapt as we grow. You must possess a passion for delivering quality solutions at a fast-paced company where the feedback cycle is measured in hours rather than weeks. We move quickly and we are on a mission to help customers build better software every day.
This position will ideally be based in our Raleigh, NC office reporting to the Director of Operations
- AWS VPC
- want to build a product that will help companies build better software
- be a part of an agile, fast-paced daily iteration type culture.
- build a reliable infrastructure to allow our engineering teams to move fast!
- have internal customers on our engineering team who rely on us to make rapid improvements to our products.
- have a passion for all things automation and the ability to contribute new ideas and industry best practices.
- Hands-on Experience with docker and running it in production.
- Has experience building microservices
- Familiar with using and managing Kafka.
- Hands-on Experience with AWS VPCs and services
- Experience using infrastructure as code tools like Hashicorp Terraform.
- Proficient in best-practices for security like encryption and least privilege.
- Plan upgrades, maintenance, and outages for various systems.
- Setup and automate development, testing, staging, and production systems for new services.
- Administer systems and software to monitor and report service information.
- Knowledge of administering servers, including diagnostic procedures, and best practices.
- Experience with HA environment development and deployment.
- Understanding of networking and network diagnostic techniques.
- Understands concepts of clustering and databases.
Nice to have
- Specific AWS services Lambda, Batch, Fargate, ECS, Scaling AWS infrastructure, S3, etc.
If this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. We believe the collective sum of our individual differences, point-of-view, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, background and talent are what helps us achieve our vision.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Pinpoint conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Pinpoint participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.