Blueshift is a venture-funded startup headquartered in San Francisco. Our AI-Powered marketing platform empowers cutting edge B2C brands to drive 1:1 marketing on every channel. With Blueshift, marketers are in full control of automating various forms of personalized messaging across every engagement channel.
Blueshift is trusted by leading digital brands like Udacity, LendingTree, BBC, and Paypal to automate their customer engagement marketing and recognized by Gartner as a “Cool Vendor for AI in Marketing”.
Blueshift is founded by repeat entrepreneurs who previously built Mertado.com (acquired by Groupon to become Groupon Goods), and were part of the early team behind Kosmix (acquired by Walmart to become @WalmartLabs). We are backed by top-tier VCs including Nexus Venture Partners, Storm Ventures, Luma Partners, and SoftBank Venture Asia.
Blueshift has now started staffing a new development center in Pune, India. As part of Blueshift, you will get to work on cutting-edge technologies including machine learning, artificial intelligence, big data, and large-scale distributed data systems. This is an exciting opportunity for motivated individuals to build a great career.
Senior Software Engineer - Application Sustenance
As a senior engineer in charge of application sustenance, you will be at the forefront of solving customer facing issues by triaging, debugging, and fixing problems to ensure customer success. Blueshift's platform is built as a set of distributed highly-scalable micro-services. As part of troubleshooting, you will have to work across multiple services giving you experience across different technologies and a lot of learning opportunities.
- Triage, debug, and troubleshoot customer issues.
- Engage with customers to develop better understanding of issues reported.
- Work with other developers to create and deploy bug-fixes and enhancements.
- Implement customer centric features.
- Improve the supportability of the platform.
- Work with DevOps and SRE teams to handle production issues.
- 5+ years experience working as an application developer or application sustenance engineer
- Proven experience with web frameworks such as Ruby on Rails & micro-services
- Strong debugging capabilities, attention to detail, and customer empathy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with real-time & distributed systems a plus
- Solid understand of Computer Science concepts including data structures, OO design, and concurrency
- Working experience with SQL databases such as MySQL or Postgres
- Experience with NoSQL systems such as Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Hbase, REDIS a plus
- Bachelors or masters in Computer Science or related fields
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary & meaningful equity
- Health benefits - 100% premiums paid on medical, dental & vision plans with PPO and HMO plans.
- Teladoc for video/phone consultation with doctors.
- Unlimited vacation. Friendly work from home policy.
- Flexible spending accounts for transportation and parking
- Life insurance & disability coverage
- 401(k) plan to help you save for retirement
- Daily catered lunches and well-stocked snack pantry
- Employee discount program & perks with Fond
- Work with founders/leaders directly in an environment that thrives on employee entrepreneurship.
- We process visa transfers including H1B, TN & Green cards