Technical Account Manager - West at AtScale
San Mateo, CA, US
As a Technical Account Manager for AtScale, you will deliver technical leadership coupled with a deep understanding of each customer’s implementation, thus ensuring overall adoption and driving greater business value and satisfaction. This high-touch, rapport-building position requires strong communication skills and a desire to give our customers the personal attention required. You will own the retention and expansion of the business for your customers. Through consistent and proactive outreach, you will build and maintain customer relationships at the highest levels. You will develop a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders and executive sponsors to ensure AtScale activities are closely aligned with the customer’s use cases and business strategy, allowing the full potential of their AtScale solution to be implemented. High customer satisfaction will be the key to your success.
• Drive adoption, retention, and overall success and satisfaction for your customers.
• Establish and deepen relationships with AtScale customers by understanding their business objectives and providing exemplary support as their primary AtScale contact.
• Proactively engage your customers and work closely with them to verify they are trained and effectively using the AtScale product on a consistent basis; guide our customers through the implementation of AtScale from training to installing and delivering use cases; develop and provide custom training as requested.
• Implement best practices as well as personalized recommendations to ensure your customers maximize value from their AtScale investment.
• Develop a customer success plan for each customer; define Key Performance Indicators with customers and make sure they meet and/or exceed them.
• Document customer Use Cases and share learnings internally with the team.
• Conduct regularly scheduled calls with customers and provide recurring status reports on activities and issues.
• Build, own, and conduct quarterly business reviews with customers to identify new business opportunities.
• Function as the voice of the customer and provide internal feedback on how AtScale may improve and enhance the services we provide to our customers.
• Coordinate the necessary internal resources to enable customers to execute on their usage plans.
• Identify and develop new opportunities for expansion; provide technical and strategic direction to assist customer in expansion plans that meet their business objectives.
Experience and Requirements:
• BI experience is a must (Tableau, Qlik, Cognos, MicroStrategy, BO, SSAS, Spotfire)
• Understanding of data models and data flows in complex database and application environments
• Demonstrated experience in Hadoop related tools and technologies (HDFS and/or MapReduce, HBase, Hive, Spark, Impala) is a plus
• Knowledge of distributed systems
• Experience with relational databases
• Familiarity with data warehousing concepts
• Knowledge of complex data pipelines and data transformation
• Consulting, strategic sales or account management background and/or comfort in working with customers
• Relevant work experience in customer success with proven ability to retain and expand accounts
• Strong executive presentation and persuasion skills
• Willingness to roll up the sleeves in a fast-paced, highly varied environment
• Ability to travel to customer sites