Modo Labs has built a variety of cloud hosted Software as a Service (SaaS) applications to support and complement our existing Mobile Campus products. They are built primarily on Ruby on Rails using RESTful APIs and a service-oriented architecture, and we are looking for an experienced engineer to join the team that designs, builds, and maintains this architecture.
You value open collaboration, have a strong desire to learn, and are excited to pick up new skills and technologies. You like to share your knowledge with others and are willing to ask for help in return. You enjoy solving difficult problems, and make use of metrics, monitoring, and testing to help you understand the inner workings of a system. You’re excited to work closely with people throughout the organization, from close teammates to members of ops, UX designers, and service team members.
- Significant experience (4 years or more) building scalable web applications in commercial production environments with Ruby on Rails
- Strong understanding of distributed service architecture
- SQL and general database knowledge
- Experience with RESTful API design
- Solid knowledge of testing principles
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Experience troubleshooting in production environments
- Eligible to work in the United States
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and provide a new MacBook Pro for you to use. We believe in creating a good work/life balance, and offer an open, collaborative, and happy workplace. Several food truck options are available every day of the week.
Modo Labs is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts. We require that you work on-site, in our newly designed office space complete with multiple break out spaces, lounge area, games, snacks, and fitness center.