Together at Talkdesk, we’re building a future of brilliant customer interactions. We have the cleverness, curiosity, and grit to make us a team of customer heroes: thinkers, achievers, and dreamers who believe that our world-class SaaS platform can influence a new kind of customer interaction.
Talkdesk started from a hackathon win and within five years has become one of the fastest growing companies in the world, a Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startup, and has enabled 100,000,000+ customer interactions using our platform. With backing from DFJ, Salesforce Ventures, and Storm Ventures, and supported by the successes of our 1,200+ customers from DoorDash, Box, Betterment to Shopify, Talkdesk is disrupting a $22 billion stagnant market.
We’re now looking for the new members of the Talkdesk family - those ambitious, driven, and collaborative individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will push us to do even greater things together. As the first Technical Account Manager at Talkdesk, we will look to you to help us define best practices of customer engagement and build strong relationships with Talkdesk’s top customers. If you would like to help us shape the future of Talkdesk, come along with us on our journey - your dream job is waiting!
- Serve as the primary technical point of contact for Talkdesk’s largest, most strategic customers
- Define and build scalable processes for 1) deploying Talkdesk technical features, and 2) solving complex technical issues, across the entire customer base
- Define project scope, schedule project activities, and integrate those into the broader project plan with the customer project manager(s)
- Engage with the Customer Success team to identify the following:
- Summarize customer complaints involving bugs, product roadmap and short term work arounds
- Develop scope and project plan related to agreed solution plan
- Overall management of open issues/projects and technical communication with Customers
- Develop trust with client leadership to remove project roadblocks and ensure project success.
- Work with customers to track work progress, and create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning
- Understand customer use cases, formulate best practices, and document requirements (functional and technical) needed to address client needs
- Leverage strong technical acumen to identify process and technical solutions dynamically to unexpected situations.
- Conduct engaging demos of feature enhancements for new and existing customers
- Participate in the sales cycle as necessary to gather requirements, formulate delivery approach and develop a proposal/SOW
- Partner with internal teams such as Product, Support, etc. to assure timely delivery of feature requests, bug fixes and support requests
- 5-7 years of experience in Professional Services or Consulting, or 3-5 years of IT project management experience in a SaaS business
- A proven track record of managing and delivering IT projects for enterprise companies
- Engaging personality and possesses a true consulting approach and ability to communicate technical concepts to people of all backgrounds and skill levels
- A passion for helping people solve problems and proven ability to understand progressive technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Mature demeanor and positive attitude, as well as discretion and sensitivity when dealing with clients
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced startup environment
- PMP Certification or equivalent preferred
- Salesforce and other CRM experience preferred
- Travel requirement: up to 20%